Explore Green Space Galore
Few park districts can compete with the beauty and breadth of Pekin’s park system. In fact, Pekin Park District is the fifth-largest park district in Illinois, encompassing over 2,275 acres of green space! Browse through our Community Parks to see what each has to offer.
Located at the very heart of the city, Mineral Springs Park is the showpiece of Pekin Park District with its breathtaking pavilion and lagoon. But that doesn’t mean the other community parks don’t have plenty to offer, too. Check out this list of top activities, plus find more to have fun here.
- Group camping
- Disc golf
- Horseback riding
- Indoor and outdoor tennis courts
- Wallyball courts
- Basketball courts
- Soccer and football fields
- Children’s playgrounds
- Sand volleyball courts
- Softball diamonds
- Remote control airfield
- Skate park
- Children under 10 years of age must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- Always be respectful and kind to those that are around you.
- Pick up any garbage or trash you have created.
- No smoking, unless in designated areas.
- No glass containers, alcohol, weapons, and/or drugs allowed.
- Pick up after your pets and keep them on a leash.
- Maintain social distancing with those that are not in your immediate family
- Wear a mask if social distancing is not easily maintained.
- Wash your hands frequently, especially after using the restrooms.
- Follow posted rules for each park (these may vary)
Yes! We love our volunteers! Civic groups, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Brownies, businesses, and individuals have all taken on projects to help us beautify and keep our parks clean. Some of these projects include:
- Removing non-native vegetation
- maintaining hiking trails
- building footbridges
- landscaping and planting flower beds
- picking up scattered trash
- decorating Christmas trees
- and more
We also help scouts earn badges and students earn community service credits! We can use and always welcome your help so feel free to ask how or present an idea on how you can help.